Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a great appetizer! Succulent shrimp paired with prosciutto (Italian ham). You can't lose! Wonderful spices and fresh herbs, make for a winner in my book. Times do not include time in refrigerator.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme, minced
- 5 tablespoons vodka
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 slices prosciutto ham, thin slices, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, ginger, garlic, rosemary, thyme,vodka and pepper.
- Add shrimp, toss to coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and wrap each in Prosciutto. Butter and layer 3 sheets phyllo per shrimp. Cut width-wise into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Wrap phyllo around shrimp to form natural shape of shrimp.
- Brush outside with butter and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place phyllo-wrapped shrimp on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce, if desired.
This recipe was amazing! The shrimp came out so tender, the prep of the shrimp took no time at all and the flavors were bursting!! Definitley will be making this one again..