1 hr 5 mins
Here's a great appetizer! Succulent shrimp paired with prosciutto (Italian ham). You can't lose! Wonderful spices and fresh herbs, make for a winner in my book. Times do not include time in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme, minced
- 5 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 slices prosciutto ham, thin slices, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, ginger, garlic, rosemary, thyme,vodka and pepper.
- 2Add shrimp, toss to coat with marinade.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 4Remove shrimp from marinade and wrap each in Prosciutto. Butter and layer 3 sheets phyllo per shrimp. Cut width-wise into 1-inch-wide strips.
- 5Wrap phyllo around shrimp to form natural shape of shrimp.
- 6Brush outside with butter and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 7Place phyllo-wrapped shrimp on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or golden brown.
- 8Serve hot with your favorite sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Prosciutto in Phyllo
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 68.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: