This recipe from the Milan, Italy restaurant Osteria La Risacca. Adding white wine to the boiled potatoes keeps them moist, or so says the owner who enjoys this salad almost daily for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings (about 4 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 lbs unpeeled russet potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise then crosswise (about 2/3 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1Place sliced onion in a strainer and rinse under cold water for 20 seconds; drain. transfer onion to a large bowl; add vinegar and toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, boil potatoes in a medium pot of lightly salted water until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain. Let cool slightly. Using a kitchen towel, rub skins off potatoes. Cut potatoes into 3/4" pieces and transfer to a medium bowl; drizzle wine over. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine; set aside.
- 3Add shrimp, tomatoes, and oil to bowl with onions. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to incorporate. Let sit for 5 minutes until flavors meld. Add basil, toss gently, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 264.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g