Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfresh mixed cut vegetables (broccoli, carrot, snap pea and celery blend)
- 1⁄3 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb frozen raw shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- Prepare rice as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until evenly coated with oil. Cover skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- In 1-cup liquid measure, combine stir-fry sauce and cornstarch until well mixed.
- Add shrimp, pineapple with its juice, and stir-fry sauce mixture to vegetables in skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon rice onto plates and top with shrimp mixture.
Great recipe. Rather than frozen vegetables I used brocolli, snow peas, asparagus, bamboo shoots, spring onions and carrots and cooked a little less time. For the sauce I used All-purpose Stir-fry Sauce (Recipe #87748)