Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Soooo yummy, and so very simple!
Make and share this Shrimp and Peppers W/Yellow Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 10 -12 frozen jumbo shrimp, tail on
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked yellow rice (Zatarain's Ready To Serve)
- Saute vegetables in the butter until crisp-tender.
- Add the frozen shrimp and seasoning, and continue to saute with vegetables until the shrimp turns pink.
- Add the rice and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I had some yellow rice on hand that I wanted to make and googled what I could possibly fix with it besides chicken - I had most of the ingredients on hand and it seemed super simple, so I decided to go for it. Boy am I glad I did. This is definitely going into the rotation of regular meals. I am allergic to onions, so I skipped those. I also don't keep Mrs. Dash on hand, but I had some stuff called "Garlic and French Seasonings" that I'd found at Big Lots last year and had not used yet. So I sauteed the zucchini and peppers (yellow was all I had) with minced garlic and, after the shrimp was in for a minute or two, sprinkled about a teaspoon and a half's worth of the French Seasonings stuff. It was heavenly and matched very well with the yellow rice. Thanks so much for posting the recipe!