Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
If you have never had Peppadew peppers you are in for a treat. They are crunchy little jarred sweet red peppers with a small amount of heat jarred in a sweetened vinegar. Oh my! These are delicious. Try this easy recipe as an appetizer or a light lunch for a delicious treat! The smooth and creamy avocado and the crunchy hot sweet peppers are made for each other! Fantastic on a hot day! Remember that there is not a substitute for Peppadews that I am aware of so please use only those. You can get more info on them at peppadewusa.com, where I found this amazing gem of a recipe! Oh and do not discard the liquid in the peppadew jar! It can be used as a flavored vinegar! Hope you enjoy!
- 3 avocados
- lemon juice
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (or mascarpone cheese)
- 8 peppadew peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 1⁄4 ounces shrimp, smoked (can of smoked shrimp)
- salt and pepper, to taste if desired (I like course ground garlic sea salt on this)
- Peppadew pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Rub the avocado meat with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Mix cheese, chopped peppers and smoked shrimp together and spoon mixture into the avocado halves.
- Garnish with additional sliced or chopped Peppadew Peppers, if desired.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.