Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A supper dish that is ready in a jiff. You can also sprinkle cheese on this hot sauce when serving
Make and share this Shrimp and Pea Wiggle recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 can cooked shrimp or 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Cook over low heat in heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Whisk constantly and cook until thickened.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add shrimp and peas.
- Serve at once over crackers or toast.
Yabbadabbadoo! This was super easy and SO yummy. Well, it is impossible for me to actually follow a recipe exactly; I used some bacon grease instead of butter, and since I couldn't find frozen peas and didn't want to look for them in my freezer, I used fresh broccoli, cut up small. The broccoli came out crunchy and flavorful, like in stir-frys. I used frozen shrimp. I omitted the cayenne. I doubled the recipe and served it over my whole wheat oven bannock. Yum! By the way, I just couldn't pass up a recipe with "wiggle" in the title!