1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Pea Pod Casserole
A Betty Crocker recipe. Good but I prefer peas from a can as I don't care for pea pods. I like to use white cooking wine. You needed use any if you don't want to. You can substitute any kind of pasta for the penne pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml uncooked penne pasta (9 oz)
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms (5 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml milk
- 29.58 ml sherry wine (optional) or 29.58 ml cooking sherry (optional) or 29.58 ml white wine (optional)
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 177.44 ml shredded fonitina cheese (3 oz) or 177.44 ml swiss cheese (3 oz)
- 453.59 g cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 473.18 ml frozen snap peas, pods thawed and drained or 473.18 ml peas, from a can
- 59.14 ml finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml water
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray rectangular baking dish, 13x9 inches,with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 2While pasta is cooking, melt butter in 3 quart saucepan over low heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic in butter, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Add salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk, sherry and broth.
- 3In a small cup add cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to milk mixture in pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 4Stir in Fontina or Swiss cheese until melted, remove from heat.
- 5Stir pasta, shrimp and pea pods into mushroom mixture; pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and almonds.
- 6Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Pea Pod Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.7
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 1228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 25.1 g