1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Pea Pod Casserole
A Betty Crocker recipe. Good but I prefer peas from a can as I don't care for pea pods. I like to use white cooking wine. You needed use any if you don't want to. You can substitute any kind of pasta for the penne pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta (9 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (5 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional) or 2 tablespoons cooking sherry (optional) or 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded fonitina cheese (3 oz) or 3/4 cup swiss cheese (3 oz)
- 1 lb cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups frozen snap peas, pods thawed and drained or 2 cups peas, from a can
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray rectangular baking dish, 13x9 inches,with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 2While pasta is cooking, melt butter in 3 quart saucepan over low heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic in butter, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Add salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk, sherry and broth.
- 3In a small cup add cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to milk mixture in pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 4Stir in Fontina or Swiss cheese until melted, remove from heat.
- 5Stir pasta, shrimp and pea pods into mushroom mixture; pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and almonds.
- 6Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Pea Pod Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.7
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 1228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 25.1 g