Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A variation of the recipe from the Company's Coming "Eggs" cook book. Very Low Carb (see end of recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil - add shrimp.
- Heat until they just turn pink - remove from oil with slotted spoon to save the oil - place shrimp in a large bowl - set aside.
- Return pan with oil to heat and cook onions until opaque - approximately 5 - 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Add to bowl with shrimp.
- Add frozen peas or peppers or combination of both, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper - combine well.
- Grease a muffin tin with non stick spray.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs & milk together - (remember that room temperature eggs & milk will rise a little higher than cold).
- Use a soup ladle and ladle egg mixture evenly over the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the edges and remove from muffin tin.
- This batch makes 12 frittatas - ONE frittata = 4g carbohydrates. This recipe also freezes well.