Recipe by cathyfood
Great quick dinner! Substitute any fresh vegetable you like for the asparagus. Precook the veg in the microwave if it won’t cook in the 3-4 minutes it will be in the skillet with the shrimp. I guess you could even leave out the shrimp and add another vegetable if you want!
- 8 ounces pasta, any shape
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery rib, trimmed and sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil, and cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water when draining pasta.
- While pasta cooks, heat 1 TB olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, pepper, and celery until softened. Add garlic, asparagus, and shrimp, and continue cooking until shrimp are pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add drained pasta, ½ cup of pasta cooking water, 2 TB butter, and ¼ cup parmesan. Cook and stir over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve in pasta bowls.