1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Pasta With Creole Cream Sauce
From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp (or frozen shrimp, thawed)
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Peel and devein shrimp; toss shrimp with creole seasoning; set aside.
- 2Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain and keep warm.
- 3In a large skillet over med-high heat, melt the butter.
- 4Add in shrimp; stir/saute 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 5Remove shrimp from skillet; add green onions and garlic to skillet; stir/saute 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- 6Lower heat to medium; stir in cream and hot sauce.
- 7Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, stirring constantly 8-10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 8Stir in shrimp and parsley.
- 9Toss with pasta.
- 10Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Pasta With Creole Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.9
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 407.3 mg
- Sodium 556.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 48.1 g