Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a spinoff of a recipe I saw Chef Nick Stellino making. Quite yummy and pretty easy!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, grated (or finely minced)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- Mix first 4 ingredients then sprinkle over both sides of the shrimp.
- In a large nonstick saute pan, heat oil over high heat until it starts to shimmer, 1-2 minute.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and 30 seconds; turn shrimp and cook on other side 30 seconds.
- With slotted spoon, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- Reduce heat to med and add onion and garlic to pan, stirring well; cook 2-3 min until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, and dried basil; cook, stirring, 3 minute.
- Increase heat to high, stirring well and bring to a boil; cook for 1 min, stirring, then cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 10 more minute.
- Add shrimp and water, stir well, and cook an additional 3-4 minute.
- Add pasta and fresh basil to sauce and toss well; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
great recipe , made it today and it was deeeeelicious!
This dish was wonderful. Instantly made the top 10 favorite recipes.