If you are cooking for two this is a great recipe. I believe this recipe comes from Blue Hill Farm Country Inn, Blue Hill, Maine.
- 1⁄2 lb peeled and deveined medium-sized shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup hot cooked penne pasta
- 1⁄3 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Slice shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Prepare the penne pasta as per package directions.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, broth, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Heat the seasame oil in a non-stick skillet or wok.
- Stir-fry the ginger and garlic in the hot oil over medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and asparagus; stir-fry 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Do not overcook as the shrimp will become tough.
- Add mayonnaise mixture and cooked pasta; cook, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper and serve.
- The cooking time includes the time to prepare the pasta.