Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are cooking for two this is a great recipe. I believe this recipe comes from Blue Hill Farm Country Inn, Blue Hill, Maine.
- 1⁄2 lb peeled and deveined medium-sized shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup hot cooked penne pasta
- 1⁄3 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Slice shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Prepare the penne pasta as per package directions.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, broth, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Heat the seasame oil in a non-stick skillet or wok.
- Stir-fry the ginger and garlic in the hot oil over medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and asparagus; stir-fry 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Do not overcook as the shrimp will become tough.
- Add mayonnaise mixture and cooked pasta; cook, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper and serve.
- The cooking time includes the time to prepare the pasta.
This is really good! I love shrimp, and pasta, and lemon, so I figured I'd really enjoy this. I'd love to try it with asparagus, but with the current price so high I'll have to wait until my plants start producing again. Instead I used bell peppers, which give a nice crunch and pretty color to the dish, along with some chopped parsley to add a bit of green color. The sauce feels a lot richer in the mouth than the ingredients lead you to believe- I could swear I'm eating a full fat cream sauce. The lemon is a VERY strong influence in this dish; if you don't like lemon, move on to another recipe. I, however, love lemon, and would be happy to lick every last bit of sauce off of the serving dish. Great dish, thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8
Paula another great recipe from you! Thank you. Made for ZWT5. I was skeptic for the mayo but followed directions and was I glad I did. DH and I enjoyed this for dinner last night. A bit of leftovers for lunch today. I did use full fat mayo as that is all I had and I also used brocolli instead of asparagus. Thought I had enough but did not so subbed in. Came out fabulous! Wil make this again. 5 stars for ease of making, 5 stars for the meal itself. Super!
OMG! I just made this again for AUS/NZ Swap 51. I really like this! This time I used the asparagus and WOW what a difference in taste. Both are fabulous! Thank you Paula.
A winner for sure. Loved the bright flavor the lemon brought to the dish. I did adjust the pasta amount a bit to serve 3, but kept the other amounts the same and used regular mayo. Funny how the shrimp curled up ,when cut in half, while cooking. :)