Recipe by Marlene.
This recipe was given to me by a friend. It's a simple salad with shrimp, pasta and peas you could easily change the spices in to suit your own tastes. I usually have the eggs hard boiled already to save prep time.
Top Review by TasteTester
This is the best shrimp pasta salad I've ever had, even better than my Mom's, and she's a great cook. I had never added peas or horseradish before and they really kicked up the flavor of this salad. I only used 1/2 teaspoon of the horseradish because I thought it might be too hot, but it wasn't at all, so next time I'll use the entire 1 teaspoon. Thanks for posting this terrific recipe that I'll be making many times again!!
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp (salad size)
- 2 cups cooked macaroni (salad type, approx 1 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 8 ounces frozen peas (petite size)
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise, less if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- salt and pepper