Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was given to me by a friend. It's a simple salad with shrimp, pasta and peas you could easily change the spices in to suit your own tastes. I usually have the eggs hard boiled already to save prep time.
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp (salad size)
- 2 cups cooked macaroni (salad type, approx 1 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 8 ounces frozen peas (petite size)
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise, less if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Thaw peas.
- In large bowl combine cooked macaroni,shrimp,peas,eggs and onion.
- Dress with mayonnaise and horseradish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
This is the best shrimp pasta salad I've ever had, even better than my Mom's, and she's a great cook. I had never added peas or horseradish before and they really kicked up the flavor of this salad. I only used 1/2 teaspoon of the horseradish because I thought it might be too hot, but it wasn't at all, so next time I'll use the entire 1 teaspoon. Thanks for posting this terrific recipe that I'll be making many times again!!
This pasta salad is great! I used whole wheat pasta I already had cooked and kept all other ingredients the same. LOVED the addition of the horseradish! Thanks for sharing, Marlene. **Made for Fall PAC 2008**