Recipe by Ma Field
This came from the first onslaught of zucchini from my garden, coupled with a handful of this-n-that from the fridge. A very forgiving recipe - more of a technique to me - as the ingredients can be interchanged to suit tastes and fridge contents.
Top Review by DreamoBway
This was a veggie dish I could really feel good about! I used a combination of bell pepper, carrots, onion, spinach, and artichoke hearts. I omitted the shrimp but served the pasta with broiled tilapia. I also subbed gluten free pasta with excellent results. The garlic and lemon were delish, but next time I think I'll shake a little Italian seasoning and maybe some red pepper flakes for some extra oomph. Thank you for posting!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, chopped coarsely (I used zucchini, broccoli, red onion and yellow peppers)
- 8 ounces shrimp, frozen cooked peeled and deveined (I used a lot less!)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese (shredded or shaved)
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (I used vermicelli)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. (the olive oil keeps the butter from scorching).
- Saute garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and saute until just crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp and saute until just heated through.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze juice of half a lemon over all. Continue to cook about 2 minutes until juices have been reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss vegetables and shrimp with pasta. Serve topped with parmesan cheese and additional salt and pepper if desired.