Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Cajun brilliance! This is exceptional! Simple ingredients that combine to make an exceptional meal. Easy and fast. Perfect for a date night or romantic dinner or a small dinner party. Made lighter by incorporating my Very Diet Friendly Low Fat Low Cal Substitute for Cream in place of heavy cream. If calories are no problem, use an equal amount of heavy cream. Serve with more champagne or a nice Pinot Grigio and some crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cajun seasoning, to taste (like Tony Cachere's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes or until shallot begins to turn clear.
- In blender or food processor combine cottage cheese and milk to make a creamy consistency. Add this cream and the champagne to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes more, stirring often.
- Add shrimp and cook just until shrimp begin to turn pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with fresh parsley. Serve over pasta.