Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from a girlfriend of the past, Joanna, who is a great cook, and now owns her own restaurant. Irie, Jo!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives or 4 teaspoons onion tops
- 2 teaspoons brandy (or B&B or dry vermouth)
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash nutmeg (freshly ground is nice)
- 20 uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4 " strips
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 teaspoons dry vermouth
- cooked linguine (or rice)
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in the garlic, parsley, chives, brandy, cloves, and nutmeg.
- When butter is hot and bubbly, add shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pepper.
- Saute until shrimp are just cooked through (about 5 min.).
- Transfer shrimp and vegetables to a platter using slotted spoon.
- Set aside.
- Add flour to skillet and stir constantly until well blended, scraping up any bits clinging to the bottom.
- Stir in vermouth to deglaze.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 2-3 min.
- Put shrimp and vegetables back into skillet.
- Stir to coat with sauce.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Serve over linguine (or rice).