This is a recipe from a girlfriend of the past, Joanna, who is a great cook, and now owns her own restaurant. Irie, Jo!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives or 4 teaspoons onion tops
- 2 teaspoons brandy (or B&B or dry vermouth)
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash nutmeg (freshly ground is nice)
- 20 uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4 " strips
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 teaspoons dry vermouth
- cooked linguine (or rice)
- 1Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Stir in the garlic, parsley, chives, brandy, cloves, and nutmeg.
- 3When butter is hot and bubbly, add shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pepper.
- 4Saute until shrimp are just cooked through (about 5 min.).
- 5Transfer shrimp and vegetables to a platter using slotted spoon.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Add flour to skillet and stir constantly until well blended, scraping up any bits clinging to the bottom.
- 8Stir in vermouth to deglaze.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 2-3 min.
- 10Put shrimp and vegetables back into skillet.
- 11Stir to coat with sauce.
- 12Simmer until heated through.
- 13Serve over linguine (or rice).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.7
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 275.5 mg
- Sodium 416.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 25.3 g