Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Old Bay Seasoning
- grated parmesan cheese
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and adding Old Bay seasoning.
- Drain and return to Dutch oven; keep warm.
- Saute broccoli and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet 3-4 minutes.
- Add green onion; saute 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in mushrooms and water chestnuts; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sour cream; heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and old bay.
- Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I made this for DH's parents visit. A beautiful presentation. I did add some extra garlic, salt and pepper during the saute. Another recipe that made me look good. Thanks!!
I found this dish to be pretty bland. Needs some serious doctoring up! I added a tablespoon of butter, 5 cloves of garlic, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, and it was still mediocre.
I made this for supper this evening and we both enjoyed it so much! The only addition I made was to add salt and freshly ground black pepper to the finished product. Served over angelhair pasta. I do have one word of warning to anyone who is adding the Old Bay to the pasta water: Add it BEFORE the water comes to a boil, unless you enjoy cleaning up a horrendous mess around your cooktop! Great meal, NurseDi!!