Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an amazingly simple but satisfying recipe....It is a yummy garlicky creamy sauce with shrimp and just that little bit of "kick" in the back of your throat to spice things up!! Came from my best friend Shelia...........the "Italian Princess" who has encouraged my love for fine food and wine......and that preparing and creating is 1/2 the love of cooking!!
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb pancetta, diced
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 shallot, minced
- 1 -2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 cup heavy whipping cream, to thicken..... (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, at end if you want thicker sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, 1 cup shredded
- crushed red pepper flakes
- spaghetti (I recommend Buccatini Riggati, Barilla)
- Circle Saute pan 2-3 times with olive oil.
- Saute garlic and shallots until just tender.
- (I usually end up adding more garlic because I'm a garlic fiend).
- Add Pancetta -- saute on low-med heat until starting to crisp up.
- Add White wine and scrape up bits of pancetta and garlic/shallots until starting to reduce.
- Add Butter -- stir all together -- it will start to thicken.
- To this add cream and cornstarch if wanted to thicken sauce to your preference -- just add slowly and stir constantly
- Add lemon juice, red pepper flakes and cheese and stir until desired taste (heat).
- Add Shrimp and cook until pink.
- Cook Pasta as directed and toss together.
- Add more crushed red pepper flakes, some fresh chopped parsley and more cheese to taste.
- Good loaf of crusty bread and a good bottle of Chardonnay and you are in business!
I made this recipe and it was amazing. I wasn't sure what the 1/2 lemon juice was in the ingredients, but I assumed it was 1/2 a juiced lemon. It turned out great and I highly recommend trying it, especially with a good Chardonnay, as suggested.