This is an amazingly simple but satisfying recipe....It is a yummy garlicky creamy sauce with shrimp and just that little bit of "kick" in the back of your throat to spice things up!! Came from my best friend Shelia...........the "Italian Princess" who has encouraged my love for fine food and wine......and that preparing and creating is 1/2 the love of cooking!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4-1/2 lb pancetta, diced
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 shallot, minced
- 1 -2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup heavy whipping cream, to thicken..... (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, at end if you want thicker sauce
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, 1 cup shredded
- crushed red pepper flakes
- spaghetti (I recommend Buccatini Riggati, Barilla)
- 1Circle Saute pan 2-3 times with olive oil.
- 2Saute garlic and shallots until just tender.
- 3(I usually end up adding more garlic because I'm a garlic fiend).
- 4Add Pancetta -- saute on low-med heat until starting to crisp up.
- 5Add White wine and scrape up bits of pancetta and garlic/shallots until starting to reduce.
- 6Add Butter -- stir all together -- it will start to thicken.
- 7To this add cream and cornstarch if wanted to thicken sauce to your preference -- just add slowly and stir constantly
- 8Add lemon juice, red pepper flakes and cheese and stir until desired taste (heat).
- 9Add Shrimp and cook until pink.
- 10Cook Pasta as directed and toss together.
- 11Add more crushed red pepper flakes, some fresh chopped parsley and more cheese to taste.
- 12Good loaf of crusty bread and a good bottle of Chardonnay and you are in business!
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Pancetta in White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 402.3 mg
- Sodium 1942.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: