Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fabulous dish. Recipe found on the internet.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper evenly over shrimp.
- Add shrimp to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and red pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, and cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta and shrimp; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, cheese, and basil.
This is a winner! Dinner was delicious tonight. I didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I subbed a 14 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes, with a healthy splash of white wine. I decreased the onion and garlic slightly (my can of tomatoes was flavored with garlic & onions). Served with a vegetable side and crunchy bread. Everyone at the table gobbled this up - perfect amount to serve 4 of us. Thanks Marie!