Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my new favourite summer salad! It's simple, fresh and delicious! This recipe was originally created by Nancy Walkowicz. This is a great make ahead dish (but don't add the shrimp until just before you plan on serving it) You can add any fresh herbs or veggies that suit your tastes...it's a real crowd pleaser!
- 1 3⁄4 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled and devained with tails removed
- 1 cup mixed red and green sweet pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (yes the dried stuff!)
- combine the vinegarette indredients and set asside.
- mix the vinegarette with all of the salad ingredients, but do not add the shrimp until close to serving time.
- chill and enjoy!