Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for a nice hot evening.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice shaped pasta) or 1 cup pasta, of your choice
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, seeded
- Cook orzo according to package directions,omitting salt and fat.
- While orzo is cooking, combine vinegar, basil, oil, oregano, 1/2 t salt, and 1/4 t black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the orzo, tomato, and remaining ingredients, and toss well.
- Cover and chill.
Refreshing!A great summer dish! I replaced the dried basil for parsley. And used fresh Basil (yummy)in place of the fresh parsley.This summer I`ll be making this with grilled shrimp! Thanks for an other great recipe.
It's not the summer but who cares! I made this this morning for later tonight. It is tempting me so I tried it. YUMMY! I had shrimp in the refirgerator that I need to use and I had all the ingredients for this (except the green pepper so I omitted it). I used diced canned tomatoes, drained which was a time saver. Thanks for a nice "cool" dinner even in the fall!*One of my sons wanted it hot so I pan fried it (there's enough oil) and orzo and onion were fantastic. The orzo crisped and the shrimp were just heated through. Yum!