Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you must eat okra this is the way to go.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs okra
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 2 lbs shrimp (in the shell)
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add okra.
- Boil for 2 minutes-drain and plunge into cold water.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large skilled melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, herbs, cayenne, bell pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and curling.
- Add the okra and corn and cook for 3-4 more minutes-dont over cook the shrimp.
- Season to taste and serve immediately-newspaper on the side if you please (for shells).