Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from some magazine years ago, but it needed a lot of doctoring. Here's the result. Enjoy! It's even better as leftovers!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 cup shrimp stock (you can make this by boiling the shells after peeling the shrimp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in very thin strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Heat oil, garlic, and ginger in saucepan over medium-high heat and cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, peanut butter, stock and salt. Cook, stirring, until peanut butter is dissolved.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the boiling water and cook for one minute.
- Add bell pepper and snow peas to boiling water and cook for one minute longer. Drain.
- Toss pasta and vegetables with peanut sauce and shredded carrot and sliced onion.