Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine.
- 7 ounces dried udon noodles or 7 ounces fettuccine
- 12 ounces shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 3⁄4 lb cooked medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lime wedge, for serving
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water. Pat dry and transfer to a large bowl. Add the coleslaw mix, scallions, cilantro and shrimp.
- In a blender, combine the teriyaki sauce with the ginger and chile-garlic sauce and puree until smooth.
- With the machine on, slowly add the vegetable oil in a thin stream and puree until the dressing is emulsified. Season lightly with salt.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the udon noodles and toss well. Serve the noodle.