Prep 40 mins
Cook 6 mins
This one comes together pretty easy, that is once you've peeled the shrimp. Adapted from Southern Living.
- 1 lb unpeeled medium shrimp
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom caps
- Peel/devein the shrimp; set aside.
- Cook the pasta by following the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add the butter to a large skillet; over medium-high heat, let the butter melt.
- Add in the garlic and basil; stir/saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in the shrimp, mushrooms, and pepper to taste (may add salt but the butter makes this salty enough for me); stir/saute for about 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp sauce over angel hair pasta.
Quick, easy and oh, so good. Just two things I would do differently the next time I make it. I tried a mushroom while it was on the stove and it was sooooo good, but it kind of got lost when I added the pasta. An easy solution would be to double the recipe but leave the pasta amount the same. The other thing I will do is add more shiitakes. Like I said, they were excellent and you can never have too much of a good thing!