Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This one comes together pretty easy, that is once you've peeled the shrimp. Adapted from Southern Living.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Quick, easy and oh, so good. Just two things I would do differently the next time I make it. I tried a mushroom while it was on the stove and it was sooooo good, but it kind of got lost when I added the pasta. An easy solution would be to double the recipe but leave the pasta amount the same. The other thing I will do is add more shiitakes. Like I said, they were excellent and you can never have too much of a good thing!
- 1 lb unpeeled medium shrimp
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom caps
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel/devein the shrimp; set aside.
- Cook the pasta by following the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add the butter to a large skillet; over medium-high heat, let the butter melt.
- Add in the garlic and basil; stir/saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in the shrimp, mushrooms, and pepper to taste (may add salt but the butter makes this salty enough for me); stir/saute for about 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp sauce over angel hair pasta.