Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a quick, easy and festive salad or appetizer. I like to serve it with triangles of whole wheat pita bread to scoop up the dressing and call it dinner.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 lb mushroom
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- sea salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Wipe mushroom, trim stems and slice thinly. Place on a large platter.
- Zest and juice the two lemons.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, pressed garlic and black pepper (do not add salt yet).
- Toss the dressing with the sliced mushrooms and refrigerate for an hour.
- Just before serving, take the mushrooms out of the fridge and broil, bake or boil the shrimp to your liking.
- Add the shrimp to the mushroom mix, sprinkle lightly with sea salt, garnish with the parsley, drizzle with a little more olive oil and toss.
- Enjoy with some type of bread to soak up the dressing!