Recipe by Sidd
One night I came home and wanted Fettuccine, none of the recipes I could find suited what I wanted, so I threw this together and voila, this is what came out of it. Even my two teenage boys that can be food snobs devoured it.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Melt butter in large skillet on a low heat.
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until limp and browned.
- Add flour and coat mushrooms.
- Slowly stir in cream to mixture.
- Add salt,black pepper, and red pepper.
- Put shrimp in mixture and let simmer about 15 minutes.
- Dish up the noodles and pour some of the mixture over it.
- I like to serve this with a nice green salad and garlic bread.