Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One night I came home and wanted Fettuccine, none of the recipes I could find suited what I wanted, so I threw this together and voila, this is what came out of it. Even my two teenage boys that can be food snobs devoured it.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Melt butter in large skillet on a low heat.
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until limp and browned.
- Add flour and coat mushrooms.
- Slowly stir in cream to mixture.
- Add salt,black pepper, and red pepper.
- Put shrimp in mixture and let simmer about 15 minutes.
- Dish up the noodles and pour some of the mixture over it.
- I like to serve this with a nice green salad and garlic bread.
This is so simple and yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. This is one of my husband's favorites.
Oh boy! Was this ever awesome! Had this for dinner last night and there was not a scrap left. Fast and easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe!