Recipe by Melinda #2
A rich, flavorful and creamy sauce served over linguine. I think it is pretty easy to make.
- 13 1⁄2 ounces whole grain linguine, prepared as directed on box
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (stems removed and sliced)
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Saute onion in butter with a pinch of salt.
- 2. Add mushrooms, saute for a few minutes then add shrimp. Saute just until shrimp is opaque.
- 3. Add cream, bring to a simmer and simmer until thickened.
- 4. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Stir in parsley. Remove from heat. Toss with cooked pasta and cheese.