Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Prep. time does not include the chilling of the sauce to blend flavors.
Make and share this Shrimp And Mirliton Remoulade recipe from Food.com.
- 2 mirlitons (chayotes)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh tarragon or parsley sprig (to garnish)
For sauce remoulade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped gherkins or 3 tablespoons dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh parsley, chives and tarragon
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- salt and white pepper
- First make the sauce.
- Mix together all the ingredients, adding worcestershire sauce, lemon juice or vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for atleast 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cook the mirlitons in boiling water for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel the mirlitons if necessary, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds, if any.
- Slice thinly lengthwise.
- Arrange the shrimp and mirliton slices on individual serving plates with cherry tomatoes and watercress sprigs, Spoon sauce over, and garnish with tarragon or parsley sprigs.