Recipe by GinnyP
Prep time includes 15 minutes marinade time.
Top Review by judibost
This recipe is fantastic! Other than cleaning the shrimp - very easy to do - quick marinade time and a perfect summer evening choice! The combination of sweet mango and red onion with the grilled shrimp was just wonderful.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 mango, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- bamboo skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes before using.
- Alternately, skewer shrimp, mango and onion pieces.
- Place in a dish large enough for skewers in one layer.
- Sprinkle garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes and lime juice over all.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes, turning after 7 or 8 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Spray or lightly brush olive oil onto kebabs.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until shrimp is pink and opaque.