Marinated appetizer using cooked shrimp.
Make and share this Shrimp and Mango Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled cooked shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- kale or lettuce
- 1 medium mangoes or 1 medium papaya, peeled seeded and sliced
- Place shrimp in medium size deep bowl.
- For marinade, combine lemon, oil, vinegar, chili sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and salt in screw top jar. Cover and shake well. Pour over the shrimp and marinate in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Drain shrimp; discard the marinade transfer the shrimp to a serving bowl.
- Arrange the lettuce and mango or papaya around the shrimp.
I made this for a party I was going to and it got very good feedback. It was also super easy and quick to make. I marinated the shrimp overnight, and they tasted great. For color, I put some spinach in a food processor and chopped it up and stirred it in with my shrimp and mango. I served it with triscuits and italian toast.
This was excellent! I brought it to a gathering, and people wanted the recipe. Since I had to prepare it in advance, I feared the lettuce would wilt, so I omitted that. I also used two mangos, not one, and tossed the appetizer rather than laying it out in a mannered fashion (also dictated by the need for advance prep). Thanks!