Recipe by meedeeter
I love Thai food and am rarely disappointed when I make it at home. This recipe calls for galanga, but as I can never find it, substitute ginger for a just-as-good taste.
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 green onions, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 stalks lemongrass, trimmed to 3-inch base and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths
- 10 slices galangal
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large serving bowl combine the lime juice and green onions. Place this bowl by the stove, along with a small bowl containing the chopped cilantro.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth, lemongrass, and galanga. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp to the broth and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, until the shrimp are cooked.
- Stir in the fish sauce and remove from heat. Pour the lime juice and green onions into the saucepan and stir well. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and serve hot.
- Serve with rice if desired.