Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I adopted this recipe after the original poster left Zaar. I haven't tried the recipe, yet, but will make any necessary edits when I do. The original comments: "From Food and Wine June 2004. I made these for my Memorial day Party and everyone wanted the recipe. They are fabulous! The Feta Dill sauce has a nice clean, summery taste to it."
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts only thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (2 ounces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, EXTRA LARGE, if available
- 2 lemons, cut into 12 wedges
- Light the grill.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the yogurt with the scallion, 1/4 of the garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of the dill.
- Stir in the Feta, mashing it slightly.
- season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of dill and olive oil.
- Add shrimp and lemon, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat well.
- Thread 3-4 shrimp with 2 lemon wedges per skewer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-hot fire, turning occasionaly, until the shrimp are charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skewers onto a platter and serve at once with Feta-Dill Sauce.
The amount of feta is incorrect. 2 ounces of feta would not make 2 1/2 cups crumbled, so I assumed it to actually be 1/2 cup.
Made these for a birthday lunch for a friend and they went over very well. The sauce is excellent - and shrimp is always good!
I made these for my 4th of July bbq and they went over with rave reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and the ending result was amazing. Thanks for making our bbq a hit!!!!!