Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
With mild to medium heat, what a great starter or just as an appetizer. This just looks quite fancy and labor intensive, serve in a martini glass for a wonderful effect with skewered olives.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 jumbo shrimp, cleaned and de-veined with tail on
- 16 wild mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive (garnish) (optional)
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a large saute pan.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms, shallots, jalapeno, and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, or until shrimp are about halfway cooked.
- Remove the pan from heat, and add lemon, vodka, vermouth and parsley.
- Return to burner, and allow the alcohol to catch fire.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Whisk in butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: "Hang" 4 cooked shrimp over the edge of each 4 martini glasses.
- Divide the sauteed mushroom mixture evenly between the glasses, and garnish with skewered olives.