My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh shrimp (med. size)
- 1/3 cup green pepper, minced
- 1/3 cup red pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups gruyere cheese (about 5 oz.) or 1 1/4 cups swiss cheese, shredded (about 5 oz.)
- 1cheese (about 5 oz.)
- 21 Tsp.
- 3pepper --GARNISHES IF DESIRED:-- Red pepper strips Whole cooked shrimp Basil leaves --TOMATO SAUCE:-- 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 Clove crushed garlic 1 Tbsp.
- 4olive oil 2 (14 Oz.) cans whole tomatoes 1 1/2 Tsp.
- 5dried Italian seasoning 1 bay leaf Serve with tomato sauce, recipe to follow.
- 6Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 7Press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- 8Chop cooked and cleaned shrimp.
- 9Saute peppers, onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons melted butter for 4-5 minutes until tender, add chopped shrimp and saute another minute. Drain well and set aside. Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise at high speed until light and fluffy, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 10Gradually add milk beating on low speed just until blended.
- 11Stir in shrimp mixture, shredded Gruyere or Swiss and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 12Pour mixture into pan.
- 13Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until set. Turn oven off and open oven door partially leaving cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour.
- 14Cool on rack.
- 15Cover and chill or serve at room temperature with hot tomato sauce. Sauce: Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- 16Add t omatoes (break up with hands or spoon) and rest of ingredients, simmer about 20 minutes, uncovered until of desired consistency.
- 17Remove bay leaf.
- 18Serve hot over slices of chilled or room temperature cheesecake. P.S.
- 19I have used both shrimp already cooked and shrimp I have had to cook depending on the price at the time.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Gruyere Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (1991 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4543.3
- Calories from Fat 3315
- Total Fat 368.3 g
- Saturated Fat 183.1 g
- Cholesterol 2507.3 mg
- Sodium 8321.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 196.4 g