Recipe by MamaOf3Monkeys
This is from Cooking Light. Usually when I make shrimp and grits, one or the other is very dry, but this turned out just perfect.
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- cooking spray
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine milk and broth in saucepan; bring to a boil. Gradually add grits and salt to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan, butter and cream cheese. Stir in parsley and next 4 ingredients. Spoon all into 11X7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until set.