1/4 Photos of Shrimp and Grits
Oh, how I love Shrimp & Grits! These grits alone are TO DIE FOR!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon, chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- 2In a separate pan, bring water, bouillon, butter and grits to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 7 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in cheese, cover and set aside.
- 5Add 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon grease (or butter, if you prefer not to cook with bacon grease) to a skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Season the shrimp with Cajun seasoning.
- 7Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute per side.
- 8Reduce the heat to medium and add the bacon, green onions, garlic, and lemon juice.
- 9Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic and scallions are softened and the shrimp are done.
- 10Serve the grits in bowl and top with the shrimp. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Grits
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 193.3 mg
- Sodium 1178.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 25.5 g