1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Grits
Because it's so easy to keep the ingredients on hand, this is a great last-minute dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (frozen is fine)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (or minced)
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- hot cooked grits
- 1If using frozen shrimp, thaw as directed on package. Rinse and drain.
- 2Combine Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, and paprika in a large bowl Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and saut 1 minute. Add shrimp, 3/4 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving broth mixture in skillet.
- 4Whisk together flour and remaining 1/4 cup broth until blended. Whisk into broth mixture in skillet and cook, stirring or whisking constantly, 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp and cook 1 minute. Serve immediately over hot grits.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Grits
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 376.1 mg
- Sodium 668.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 47.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: