Recipe by MsPia
I haven't try this recipe yet, but I make a similar one, without the chickpea flour, that is fabulous. I happen to love chickpea flour, so... I hope I will love this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 scallion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chickpea flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces small shrimp, finell chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- olive oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over low heat. Add scallions and cook, covered, until soft, 3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Next, in a mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add scallions, parsley, paprika, shrimp and water. Stir well. The batter should be the consistency of very heavy cream. Let rest for 1 hour.
- Then heat oil (approximately 1/4 inch deep) in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Drop 2 tablespoons batter at a time and spread out to make a 2 1/2 inch diameter pancake. Fry until golden, turning once, 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.