Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
From Canadian Living - January 2010 This is a perfect appy, quick and easy, and a little bit different!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Yum, yum and yum Barefoot Beachcomber. These savory shrimp pancakes were the bomb. They were delicious. Soft and tender, full of flavor and to die for. I really enjoyed the savory dip, it added an extra layer of depth to the mini pancakes. I made a 1/4 of the recipe and enjoyed 4 medium size pancakes for my lunch. Thank you so much for sharing this tasty dish that I will make again and again. Made for My 3 Chefs - 2012.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups ice water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups medium raw shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt; stir in 2 cups ice water until smooth. Beat in eggs just until blended. Stir in shrimp, onions and hot peppers.
- In a cast iron or non stick skillet, heat 1 T. of the oil at a time over medium heat. Drop in batter, 1 T. per pancake, and cook, turning once, until top is set and bottom is golden, about 6 minutes. Serve hot or at room termperature with sauce.
- Garlic Soy Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, vinegar, oil and garlic; set aside to serve with pancakes.