Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy! Roasted garlic, grape tomatoes, and shrimp oven roasted in extra virgin olive oil, herbs and a special twist added. Toss into al dente cooked bucatini, voila! Scrumptious.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 12 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, preferably first cold pressed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, preferably first cold pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup frank's red hot chile n lime hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons frank's red hot chile n lime hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese (or parmigiano-reggiano, romano, asiago or any other sharp hard cheese)
- 1 lb bucatini pasta
- In a 13x9 metal pan, toss together garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, Frank's Hot Sauce, basil, oregano, salt.
- Roast in oven @ 400* F (200* C) until tomatoes are shrivelled and garlic tender, approx 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in skillet on low high heat 1/4 c oil and 2 tblsp Frank's Hot sauce for 5 mins.
- Add shrimp to skillet and increase heat to medium high and stirfry until pink and opaque (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Add shrimp skillet mixture to oven mixture within the last 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, 7-10 minutes *TIP* Bucatini can be very hard to control while eating when long and al dente, I usually break dry noodles in half before boiling, otherwise you may have oil splashing all around during dinner from whiplash pasta lol.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add mixture from oven and toss with parsely.
- Top with shaved parmesan or desired hard sharp cheese.
- Can be served hot for a main course or cold as a pasta salad side.