Valerie in Florida's Note:
I have recently fell in love with Risotto. Searched and found, what I think, is a great Risotto. I would serve this to company in an instant. Enjoy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice (8 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Add the shrimp, cover and simmer over moderate heat until just cooked, about 2 minutes.
- 2With a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate to cool. Cover the stock and keep it at barely a simmer.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and cook over low heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the rice and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until it is coated with oil, about 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer until almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 1 scant cup of the simmering stock and cook, stirring constantly, until it is absorbed. Continue to add the stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until it is absorbed. The risotto is done when the rice is tender but still slightly firm and creamy, about 25 minutes total.
- 5Stir in the shrimp. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the basil, goat cheese, Parmesan, ginger and lemon zest. Season the risotto with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Goat Cheese Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 146.6 mg
- Sodium 511.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soft fresh goat cheese