Recipe by Outta Here
A tasty Asian noodle bowl.
Top Review by teresas
Very good! I made it for lunch on a short RV trip. Left out the tofu but did add some chili paste like a reviewer suggested. My liquid held up great but I did use the soft soba noodles so they heated up quickly. For a light lunch it was great if I was to prepare it for a hearty dinner I would add more of the shrimp. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb Chinese egg noodles
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb cake tofu, diced (optional)
- 10 spinach leaves, stems removed
- soy sauce, to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped (white part and some green, for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the peanut oil in a Dutch oven.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, water, and noodles and bring to a boil. Cook until noodles are done.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add shrimp and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu and spinach, and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add soy sauce and serve with the green onion garnish.