Recipe by Hopkins82
Serve tapas right in your own home and it's THAT easy!!! Shrimp with a touch of spanish flair, great for parties or for your family.
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 20 medium-large shrimp, deveined and peeled with tails left on
- 1 hot pepper, cut in half and sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Place 4 serving dishes in oven to keep warm (use the white soufle like dishes).
- Heat olive oil in large deep skillet over medium high heat for about 2 minutes or until oil is HOT.
- Add garlic and pepper, cooking for 1 minute while stirring. Stiring prevents the garlic from getting burnt (creates a bitter taste).
- Add half the shrimp to the pan and cook 30-45 seconds until side is golden, turn shrimp and cook the other side as previously stated.
- Remove just shrimp and place 5 pieces in 2 of the 4 oven heated dishes. Close oven to keep warm.
- Add remaining shrimp to skillet, cooking shrimp 30-45 seconds on each side.
- Remove shrimp and place in other 2 empty dishes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of oil mixture and spoon over shrimp in pots, garnish with parsley.
- Serve to guest in warmed dishes.