Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Easy to make in no time and even children can help.
- 1⁄2 kg fresh shrimp
- 250 g boneless fish fillets
- 1⁄4 red capsicum (green pepper)
- 1⁄2 onion
- 10 skewers (no need to wet them)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Clean, peel and devaine shrimps (leave tail).
- Cut fish in strips (about 3/4 inch thick).
- Cut cupsicum in strips (about 1/4 inch) same with onion.
- Using two skewers insert three shrimps, 1 strip of cupsicum, 1 strip of fish, 1 strip of onion, then shrimps, continue process until skewer is filled.
- The reason for using 2 skewers parallel separated about an inch is to keep the shrimp straight and won't bend.
- Fish and shrimp can be combined in any way you like, it's your option.
- Once skewers are ready place them in a try or marinating dish.
- Mix all ingradients, with a brush marinate skewers on both sides (use all marinade), cover and place in fridge till ready to cook.
- Can be cooked in grill or BBQ.
- Needs high heat, cook for 2 minutes turn and brush left marinate in try, cook for 2 minutes, turn, brush marinate cook for 1 minute, turn and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot.
- Can be used as an entree or as main meal with rice or baked potatoes, children will love them with chips.