Recipe by Paul from Balmer
Makes for a good appetizer; I used cooked shrimp out of laziness but I'm certain fresh would be even better.
- 1 cup fiddlehead
- 12 cooked shrimp
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse-ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fiddleheads thoroughly and dry.
- Add pineapple juice and olive oil to a saute pan and put on medium heat, heat until you have a reduction of about 1 1/2 cups remaining.
- Finely dice the garlic.
- Add shrimp, fiddleheads, garlic and all remaining ingredients, saute until fiddleheads *just* start getting tender (about 5 minutes).