1/3 Photos of Shrimp and Fiddlehead
A wonderful spring treat! A recipe from the U of M Cooperative Extension website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off ends of fiddleheads.
- 2Remove scales and wash thoroughly.
- 3Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add shrimp and cook three to five minutes, or until done.
- 4Drain well, and set aside.
- 5Cook fiddleheads in boiling water for ten minutes.
- 7Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine.
- 8Heat until margarine melts.
- 9Add onion and green pepper and sauté until crisp-tender.
- 10Stir in fiddleheads.
- 11Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed, without salt or oil.
- 12Drain well, set aside and keep warm.
- 13Add sliced mushrooms, thyme, pepper, salt and celery seeds to vegetable mixture; stir well.
- 14Cook, uncovered, over medium heat three to four minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring often.
- 15Stir in shrimp and lemon juice; cook until heated through, stirring often.
- 16Place pasta on a large platter.
- 17Spoon shrimp mixture on top.
- 18Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Fiddlehead
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 257.6 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 36.2 g